Since almost everybody is now gearing towards a healthy lifestyle, here are some simple exercises that can get you ripped abs provided you stick to the steps rigorously.
- Train your abs along with other parts of your body. The tendency with most is that they are too tired to focus on their abs once they are done working out their calves and forearms. This is why it is best to train all of these areas together so that you attack all of them with great intensity. Plus, you don’t have to feel worried about not getting to your abs at the end of a workout session.
- Train your abs at home. The beauty of developing abs is that it doesn’t have to happen in the gym. There are exercises you can do at home to achieve a ripped 6-pack, and these include:
- Do sit ups. Lie on the floor with your feet planted flat. Your knees should be up and your hands should be crossed on your chest. If you don’t have someone who could hold your feet down, wedge them underneath something heavy. Sit all the way up by lifting your lower back off the floor along with your shoulder blades. Keep your back straight then lower yourself down. Keep doing this in 3 sets of 10, with 1 minute rests in between sets.
- Do crunches. Lie on the floor with your hands lightly touching your temples. Using only your abdominal muscles, bring your shoulders towards your knees. You can do this in 1 or 2 sets of 10 repetitions.
- Do leg lifts. Lie on the floor with your legs straightened out. Keep your hands at your sides. Lift your legs straight up without bending your knees. Do this until it’s at a 90-degree angle. Lower your legs then repeat.
- Train your abs in traffic. Being stuck in traffic doesn’t mean you have to be unproductive. You can use this time to do a simple ab exercise. You can simply flex your abs as hard as possible while crunching down and exhaling. Hold for five counts then relax and repeat.
- Eat healthy. Yes, other than doing all these physical activities, your diet plays a huge role in getting that ripped body you want. Try to avoid junk food, but in case you give in, don’t beat yourself up. You can always try harder for your next meal.
Remember, an active lifestyle can make a big difference in your productivity so if you want to succeed in blogging, business or any other undertaking, make it a point to stay fit and eat healthy!
Image from www.gwenlawrence.com